Official Rules & Information
Strategic Link is Sending One Emerging Leader to the Program Tuition-Free
Strategic Link is proud to sponsor the 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest, which will award one candidate a tuition-free registration to the 2017 Emerging Leaders Training Program. Strategic Link creates value at all levels of the Northwest credit union ecosystem, and is committed to helping credit unions develop their talent.
Strategic Link Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest Official Rules
- By participating in the Strategic Link 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest, all contestant-nominees agree to be bound by the contest rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which will be final.
- The Strategic Link 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest is sponsored by Strategic Link, Inc., headquartered at 18000 International Blvd, Suite 350 SeaTac, WA 98188.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
- Participants in the contest may enter by completing a nomination form, or by having a nomination form completed on their behalf, between the dates of November 29, 2016 and February 1, 2017. All nominations must be received by the Northwest Credit Union Association by midnight on February 1, 2017. The final winner will be announced on February 24, 2017.
- The winner of the Strategic Link 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest must be eligible to participate. Eligibility includes the following criteria:
- Nominee-contestants must work for a credit union affiliated with the Northwest Credit Union Association.
- Nominee-contestants must be available, and have permission from their CEO to attend each of the three sessions scheduled for the 2017 Emerging Leaders Training Program.
- Nominee-contestants must be able to secure their own lodging and transportation to the 2017 Emerging Leaders Training Program.
- The contest winner agrees to work with the Northwest Credit Union Association Communications Manager to contribute five articles (one per week of class and two others before and after the course begins) to our Anthem Newsletter as well as two Twitter messages per week about the program to be used at the Northwest Credit Union Association’s discretion. They should plan on presenting their Emerging Leaders Project at NWCUA’s 2017 MAXX Convention in Spokane, Washington. They will also be asked to follow up with Northwest Credit Union Association Program Manager, Kaitlin Ramos, and their assigned DDJ Myers Coach by November 1, 2017, to share how their experience with the Emerging Leaders Program has affected their career and their credit union.
- Nominee-contestants must be willing to share insights derived from the program with their peers.
- Videos submitted as part of the Strategic Link 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest:
- Must not contain any content that violates any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; and
- Must not contain offensive language, as determined solely by the Northwest Credit Union Association.
- The winner of the Strategic Link 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest will receive a complimentary registration to the Northwest Credit Union Association’s 2017 Emerging Leaders Training Program, valued at $3,195. Cash will not be awarded instead of enrollment, and the award is non-transferrable.
- Odds of winning the contest depend upon the number of entries.
- Winners will be contacted via email. If the winner fails to respond within seven days, the winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be chosen from the candidates with the next highest number of votes in the contest. The winner need not be present to win.
- All persons nominating themselves, or accepting a nomination for the contest agree to allow the Northwest Credit Union Association to use their name to publicize the outcome of the Strategic Link 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest and the Emerging Leaders Training Program.
- The award winner may be responsible for applicable state or federal taxes on the value of the contest prize.
- The award winner is not eligible for additional Northwest Credit Union Foundation professional development scholarship funding for the Emerging Leaders Program.
- Participants in the Strategic Link 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest agree to hold the Northwest Credit Union Association, DDJ Myers Advancing Leadership Institute, Strategic Link, Inc., and their affiliates and subsidiaries harmless from and against any claims and liability arising out of the Strategic Link 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest.
To request the name of the Strategic Link 2017 Emerging Leadership Scholarship Contest winner, please send your request to Holly Miller at the Association address listed below, or via email to: email@example.com.