Assistant Branch Manager
Are you a driven, enthusiastic leader? Do you love facing challenges and doing your absolute, very best?
If you think you have what it takes to be an SMCU leader, take our quick quiz and find out:
- Are you excited about rallying and motivating a team?
- Do you enjoy detail and doing things “the right way?”
- Do you enjoy leading dedicated sales professionals?
- Are you ready for the next step in your career?
- Do you get a kick out of working for a growing organization?
- Do you enjoy receiving competitive pay and great benefits?
If you answered yes to the questions above, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the SMCU team! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is: We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams. At SMCU our employees truly make us a success. After all, our staff members directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusive): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Benefit): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independent): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
Please visit https://www.smcu.com/about/employment.html to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
The Assistant Branch Manager provides training and supervision in operation of the Branch. Facilitates and maximizes the efficiency of daily operations while following Credit Union policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises and evaluates the staff’s performance, responsible for daily operations and all audits.
- Supports, promotes and cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
- Assists Manager in using coaching as the primary tool for improving staff performance by holding regular coaching sessions and documenting results in compliance with SMCU’s Management Practices and Routines.
- Maintains product sales in accordance with branch goals; assists staff in achieving branch sales goals.
- Demonstrate effective sales and services interactions using the Member Interaction Model.
- Complete and thorough knowledge of all branch and reception positions and functions to provide back-up assistance as needed.
- Assures completion of time cards.
- Participates in staff hiring and discipline.
- Serves as a loan interviewer and funder.
- Responsible for cash vault and other negotiable items.
- Prepares staff evaluations and/or provides input.
- Assures training of the staff and assists in establishing of training procedures.
- Participates in the preparation of drafting budget, proposals and projections.
- Functions as a trouble shooter, to calm angry members, resolves members’ problems, and provides excellent service.
- Assists in conducting staff meetings.
- Maintains procedure manuals and updates staff as needed.
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80% (Note: The assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- Assists all subordinates in achieving a score of at least 80% on the Product/Service Knowledge Assessment.
- Assists staff in maintaining individual Quality Loop member satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards.
- Participates in promotions and marketing efforts to assure growth in members, accounts, deposits, and loans to meet strategic plan targets. Maintains rate boards, brochures and other current marketing materials.
- Maintains security of physical premises; branch assets (cash, cash items, furniture, fixtures, and equipment); members' accounts.
- Maintains knowledge of SMCU’s Bank Secrecy Act policy, procedures, and practices to meet compliance requirements.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- May be required to attend off-hours and off-site meetings or work Saturdays.
- May be required to work in an enclosed space, e.g., cash vault or file room for one to two hours at a time.
- May be required to pick up coin or additional currency order from the bank.
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies such as coin or additional currency order, boxes of copy paper, transaction receipts, computer paper, and checks up to 50 lbs.
- Technical education or job knowledge equivalent to two years college and two years financial business training.
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred.
- Knowledge of robbery, fire and all security procedures in a financial institution setting preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations such as Reg B, Reg E, Reg D, Reg CC, Reg Z, and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Working knowledge of computers.
- Accurate 10-key skills.
- Accurate keyboarding/typing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people and customer service skills.
- Excellent balancing skills.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy with all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to perform and explain dividend and interest calculations.
- Ability to operate various office equipment.
- At least five years financial industry experience in two or more of the following areas: tellering, account servicing, customer service, and/or lending.
- Branch Supervisor trained or equivalent experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posted on 06/27/2012
View All Articles